Fun things to do with pumpkins:
Pose with them!
Disguise as them!
…Yes, this was how our free time was spent this weekend with pumpkins 🙂
This morning started off with this dessert-like breakfast:
Pumpkin Pie Waffles:
- 2 Kashi 7-grain Waffles (or any Multi/Whole grain waffles)
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- few dashes of various spices: ginger, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and allspice
Simply whip up the yogurt and pumpkin, and stir in the spices to taste. Scoop the yogurt mixture on top of the waffles, and enjoy!!
The yogurt topping came out so nice and thick, it reminded me of a pumpkin mousse! Not to mention it gave me a few ideas for some treats I plan to create in due time 🙂
The great thing about this season is the abundance of amazing produce – one obviously being pumpkins, which have so many health benefits. Thus making it a great item to stick into your fall diet!
What makes Pumpkins so healthy?
- Half a cup of puree will only cost you 50 calories
- They’re loaded with alpha and beta-carotene – which are excellent antioxidants
- Along with antioxidants, this produce is loaded with vitamins A, C, and E
- It is a fat-free treat, without the sugar load!
- Not only is it fat free, but it is also diabetic friendly – low glycemic index!
- It is also a good source or iron, magnesium, folate, copper, and riboflavin
Enjoy the many uses of pumpkins this season whether it be decorating, carving eating, roasting, or posing with them… but please no smashing! 😛